It’s that time of year again – the time when we all start promising to make changes, to grow and improve (oh wait, I already did that…)! And even though it is a cliche, there’s something nice about making big plans and dreaming up new goals and schemes.
I already got off to a little bit of a head start with my new plans for the blog, but I thought it might be nice to think about a few other goals too.
1. Do more crafts: I’ve always loved arts and crafts. As a kid I was constantly working on some sort of DIY project. This past year I started getting back into it a little (having a Michael’s Craft Store open up only a few blocks away certainly helped) and it’s a trend a want to continue in 2015.
2. Journal again: Also something I did a lot as a kid (pretty much every night!), but have fallen out of practice with as a grown-up. I want to start again, not every night, but somewhat regularly! There’s something about putting pen to paper that I find amazingly therapeutic – maybe it’s just the lack of red zig-zag lines telling me I’ve spelled every other word incorrectly. 😉
3. Stick to an exercise program: OK – this one is a super cliché. But I have to say it. I NEED to do it. I’m not talking anything ground breaking either – I don’t want to run a marathon. My goal is to just be regular about it – I’d be happy with doing yoga twice a week.
4. Make more plans: So – with all the crafting and journaling and yoga I want to be doing this year – I’m not really sure when I’ll have time for more plans, but I want to try! And, yes “plans” is very broad – that’s on purpose – could be as simple as happy hour with a friend (or maybe, yoga with a friend!!) OR it could be bigger – like weekend getaways!
5. Blog: Blog, blog, blog, blog, blog. I want to blog enough this year that I can have a “2015 Recap” post this time next year. I want to collaborate and network more – so I’m not just living in my own little blog bubble. I want to stick to my plan. And I want to be proud of my work and excited to share it. That’s big issue for me – I’ll put together a post, but then I won’t share it anywhere because I’m scared of what people will think. Big goal for 2015 is to get over that anxiety!!
So that’s my list for 2015! Are you the resolution making type? What do you want to accomplish this year?
*Photo (and NYE decor!) by me